Download PixCompare for Mac OS X 10.5 and up (577 kBytes). Latest Version 3.62. (Jul 24, 2011) Intel Only, see below for PPC versions.
New in version 3.62
- move to Xcode 4.1, SDK 10.6
- various bug fixes
- dropped PPC support due to move to Xcode 4
New in version 3.6
- move to jpeg library 8.0 & various speed improvement results in about 30% faster picture loading
- greatly improved performance on 4/8 core machines (up to twice as fast)
- borders for printing pictures can be turned on and off
- fixed various memory leaks
- ignore iPhoto thumbnails and other spotlight index data
- fixed bug with alias files
New in version 3.5
- Complete rewrite of printing-code, removed old quickdraw code to improve 10.5 compatibility
- Removed 150 dpi option when printing (everything is printed at 300dpi)
- Added Fast-Jpeg code for printing (Increase by 2x when printing large pictures)
- various bug fixes that caused crashes
- moved SDK to 10.5, cleaned all deprecated APIs
This version requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- V3.6 PixCompare for 10.5 and up on PPC architecture
- V3.4 PixCompare for Mac OS X 10.4
- V2.1 of PiXcompare for Mac OS X 10.0 – 10.3.
- V1.6 of PICTcompare for Mac OS 9 or earlier.
- V1.2 of PICTCompare for 68k machines
Using this program, you can compare images files, and print contact sheets. It works natively on Jpeg pictures and supports all Quicktime compatible picture formats.
PixCompare also identifies two pictures if
- one of them is grayscale
- they don’t have the same size / aspect ratio
- they have a different intensity
- they have a different pixel-depth
- and when one of them is blurred
PixCompare works best on digital photos.