Using PixCompare, you can compare picture files to search for duplicates or similar pictures in a large collection of picture files. It works on JPEG, PNG and GIF files.
New in Version 4.0
- Complete rewrite in Cocoa/Objective-C
- Supports Mac OS 10.8 and up
- Export results to tab text file
- Move to Mac AppStore
- (Printing contact sheets is planned for a later version)
PixCompare also identifies two pictures if
- one of them is grayscale
- they don’t have the same size / aspect ratio
- they have a different intensity
- they have a different pixel-depth
- and when one of them is blurred or rotated
PixCompare works best on photographic pictures.
To support future development, I have to start charging a fee for this application. I hope you will still support me!
- V3.62 PixCompare for 10.5 and up on PPC architecture
- V3.4 PixCompare for Mac OS X 10.4
- V2.1 of PiXcompare for Mac OS X 10.0 – 10.3.
- V1.6 of PICTcompare for Mac OS 9 or earlier.
- V1.2 of PICTCompare for 68k machines